Wednesday 1 April 2009

Frail Polo

My alarm clock clearly knew it was April frigging Fool's Day.

My alarm, on weekdays, goes off at 7.01 am: for that, reasonably enough, is that time at which it is set to go off.

Beep beep beep beep beep (etc).

Wha...uh? It was still dark, and the clock said 12.00. I pressed snooze all the same, then thought, WTF? I pressed on the alarm setting, and the alarm was set at 12.00 also.

Hmm. I found my mobile phone, according to which the time was 1.54 am. Charming - so my clock had somehow managed to reset itself to 12 am. Fortunately I was sleepy enough for this not to be a major disturbance, I was back to sleep within minutes of setting it back to the proper time.

Beep beep beep beep beep (etc). (You should hear an alarm clock say etc, especially when it's parenthesised.)

12.00, said the digital display. I sighed. It was still dark outside. I switched the alarm off, and checked the real time again, c/o my mobile. 3.10 am.

I reset it again, doing the same for the alarm time, and back to bed - and thankfully back to sleep just as quickly as before.

My clock has never done this before. It had better not bleeding well do it again tonight.

6 comments:

bikerted said...

As Sandy Denny sang "Who Knows Where The Time Goes"

Zhoen said...

I have a chiming alarm, and sometimes I think I hear it, wake and find it's altogether the wrong time, but the clock hasn't gone off. Nighttime auditory hallucinations can't be fixed by getting a new alarm clock.

Rodders said...

Well if you buy alarm clocks at the pound shop what do you expect? ;-)

Fire Byrd said...

Sleep is overated anyway, at least that's what I tell myself in the middle of most nights!
xx

zola a social thing said...

Beep

trousers said...

Thanks for the comments everyone, and excuse this bland and generic response, I'm a little under the weather at the moment.